Wednesday 22 January 2014

MAC: New York Apple


My new lipstick love. Period.

Ok, so there is a little more to it than that, but I love this lipstick. I was a little skeptical at first because it is a frost finish and I wasn't sure if it would suit me but from first try I was hooked and it has been my go to colour for about the last week.

I picked this out on the Debenhams website when they were having a 10% off day so it cost £13.50 and I managed to convince hubby that it would be a very good Christmas present and sure enough it landed in the basket and plopped through the letterbox a few days later to be squirreled away for Christmas Day.

New York Apple is described as a muted red with a pink shimmer which you can build up to create a bolder colour or just swipe once to create a more natural look.

The only downside to this lipstick is that is does tend to bleed quite quickly so I will need to pick up a lip liner for longer lasting wear.

The lipstick has the MAC trademark vanilla scent and comes in the iconic black packaging and is part of the permanent MAC lipstick collection 

This is now the third MAC lipstick in my collection and I can't wait to keep adding to it!


What shade should I go for next?
 

10 comments:

  1. I'm always a little wary about the frost finishes as well but this shade looks stunning and versatile. I bet with a deeper lip liner it could appear darker and more for a night out but simply alone it is perfect for everyday looks (:
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this shade before, but it looks like a lovely dark red shade, perfect for a statement lip :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, I'm yet to try any of there lipsticks in frost finishes but I'll have to check out there range now after this great post! Jess x

    www.beautyblogjessb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a red that is quite subtle and suitable for everyday, I think I need to try this! I've never tried any of their frost lipsticks either! x

    http://cookiesandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shades I would recommend : Rebel, Pink Plaid and Lady Danger :) xxx

    <a href="www.loraloves.com> LORALOVES </a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try a MAC lipstick, but at £15.50 a pop they really break the bank :(

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh very nice! :)
    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my "allowed" list of lipsticks to buy this year, and I can't wait!

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous colour! I'm highly tempted to make this my next MAC purchase! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete