Saturday 4 January 2014

52 Week Money Saving Challenge


This year I really want to save more money so I've decided to take part in a 52 Week Money Saving Challenge. I've tried spending bans before and for me they just don't work so I'm giving this a whirl instead.

Basically the idea of the challenge is that you put away the same amount of money as the number of the week you're in i.e. this is week 1 so I will be putting away £1 and so on until you get to the end of December where I will be putting away £52.

At the end of the challenge the total should be £1378 (providing I don't dip into it, or give up half way through!)

I've found a printout (on this website) that I'm going to use as a guide so I put the right amount away each week, and so I don't forget!

If anyone fancies joining me in this challenge then feel free to tweet me at @ImpatienceBlog or leave a comment below. I'll keep you updated on my progress as the weeks go by.

Wish me luck!



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

14 comments:

  1. Ooh good idea! I might have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea, quite tempted to give this a try now :-)
    Lauren xx

    beautyfashionlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic idea! I think I will challenge myself to save a little each week & see how much I have come the end of the year. Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute idea! I normally put a set amount away each month as soon as I get paid otherwise I'd spend it ha.

    Katie xxx
    Beauty and the Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my cousin's is doing this - i'd do it but our savings automatically come out of account each month and we just throw in extra to our savings as and when we can anyways.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a good idea hun, i think i may have to read a little about this too! looking forward to reading how your progress goes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started this too today on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing this as well but I'm thinking about doing it backwards so that I put more money in now whilst I have it rather than when I have to be buying all the presents (: x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a good idea - I've even linked it in my loving this week post scheduled for tomorrow! Such a simple and affordable way to save up - something which I DEFINITELY need to start doing!!

    Chels | HumbleHonesty.com | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really good idea as I think spending bans are so hard to stick to because you know you're not allowed to spend any money which makes you want to spend it even more!

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your support guys! Much appreciated! If you fancy joining in just send me a tweet and i'll create a hash tag for our challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been tempted to try this for ages. It's a shame I now live in my overdraft so it wouldn't make much difference! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great idea! I think I will take part! It's now week 4, I just discovered your blog now... So I have to save 10... so what should I do to take part, is it for ourselves or is it featured somewhere, our progress? Great idea! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you don't really need to do anything to take part, I'm just saving the right amount into my ISA each week and then I'm going to do a monthly update in the form of a blog post and see how far I get with the challenge. Good luck! Leave me a link to your post if you decide to blog about it!

      Holly x

      Delete