Tuesday 14 January 2014

A Grand Day Out


With all of the horrible weather we have been having lately, it's hard to imagine sunny skies but this Saturday we had one of those rare, beautiful, sunny winter days.

My friend Carly and I had already made plans to go for lunch regardless of the weather situation but as the weather turned out so nice we headed to my favourite Bournemouth restaurant, Aruba. My lunch consisted of half an Alpine pizza which had a creme fraiche base, semi dried tomatoes, caramelised onions, button mushrooms, parmesan cheese and thyme with a side salad and chips, delish!

After we had munched our way though lunch we took a wander around the pier. The view across the sea over to the Isle or Purbeck in one direction and the Isle of Wight to the other were stunning, especially when I managed to get a beautiful photo of the sun beaming down across the waves.

I also snuck in a photo of myself and Carly albeit looking a little cold after standing out on the pier too long!

On our way back towards town for a spot of shopping I managed to get a few photos of the resident Bournemouth balloon which offers panoramic views over the coast. At one point the sun was going down and covering one side of the balloon and just looked so pretty!

I am so lucky to live somewhere beautiful like this!


Have you visited the seaside lately?


3 comments:

  1. Ah I feel so land locked in Michigan (even though we have lakes has big as oceans) after growing up so close to the North Sea. I just love your hot air balloon photographs - those are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent been to Bournemouth in years, your lunch looks so yummy x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! It looks like you're having a great day :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete