Friday 10 January 2014

Essie Winter Collection


I didn't ask for much this Christmas but one thing I was quite specific about was that I wanted the Essie Winter 2013 Collection of mini polishes. I saw this in Boots back in November when I went shopping with some girls from work and remember thinking that I should have got it there and then. I couldn't stop thinking about it and was desperate for it to be under the tree on Christmas Day. Thankfully, my Mum picked up on this and I was so happy when I opened it!

The set contains three Essie polishes, shearling darling, parka perfect and toggle to the top. Toggle to the top is most definitely my favourite of the three, I'm a little obsessed by glittery polishes at the moment and although its glittery it doesn't look tacky, like some polishes can. All three shades are perfect for this time of year and I will be wearing this trio well into the next coming months.

Essie polishes always have a lovely creamy consistency and in my opinion last the best out of all the brands I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) I wore the Fiji/A Cut Above combo for a full week before I had to remove it and I'm the most fussy person when it comes to chipped nails!

Although this was a Christmas gift I still think the price of £12.99 is about right for this set, considering its £7.99 a polish individually. Obviously these polishes are a little smaller than normal Essie bottles but who can say they've ever got the end of a bottle?


Have you tried this trio before? Which Essie polish is your favourite?




Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

9 comments:

  1. These colours are gorgeous. I really wish I'd picked up a set now!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them in my local Superdrug yesterday so you might still be able to pick up a set! Hope you find one! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! :(
    They look so beautiful!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty collection just love toggle to the top such a pretty sparkle x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nevertheless learning from you, as I'm trying to achieve my goals. I actually liked reading everything thats written on your website.Keep the stories coming. I enjoyed it!
    Jeux de beauté

    ReplyDelete
  5. I treated myself to this before Christmas and I love it so much. Such perfect colours!

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post.
    i am following your blog. pls follow back
    beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete