Wednesday 2 April 2014

My Audience Experience at Pointless

image credit BBC

Pointless is my favourite TV quiz show. I love watching it on a Saturday evening and trying to guess the pointless answers and hopefully learn a few things in the process. I recently joined SRO Audiences which is a website you sign up to, to be part of audiences for shows such as Pointless, 8 Out Of 10 Cats and The Voice. 

I was lucky enough to be selected to be part of the audience for a recording of Pointless at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood on Monday 24th March. Unfortunately I had to go to work in the morning but was lucky enough to take a half day. Bradley came and picked me up at 1pm and we drove the two hours from Bournemouth to Elstree, we arrived a little early so grabbed some late lunch/dinner in the local Tesco's (classy!) and then headed to the studios to take our place in the queue.

We were allocated stickers in the line which were given out on a first come first served basis, we turned up quite early so managed to get a good number, little did we know that it didn't really matter when we got inside as there was a big bundle because everyone wanted to get to the front. Bradley and I casually made our way to the middle row and still had an excellent view as the audience sit really close to the stage area.

Before we were taken into the studio I was really excited, and once we were taken inside, I physically gasped with excitement as obviously the stage looks exactly as it does on the TV but it was right in front of my eyes! A little while later, Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman came out to say hello to the audience and prepare for the recording, I had a huge smile on my face and I couldn't believe that they were both standing about a meter in front of me!

The audience were then prepped on what noises to make if the contestants got a pointless answer, a wrong answer and what sound to make as the points made their way down the tower (if you watch the show you'll know what I mean!). We then found out that the show was going to be a special celebrity edition! I'm not going to tell you who was on it, or who made it through to the final round, or if they won or not, you'll have to watch the episode for that. Unfortunately, I don't know the date the episode is going to be aired but I do know that it will be aired on a Saturday in approximately six months time. I will be looking out at all the episodes until I find the one I am in and see if I can spot myself!

I really enjoyed the experience and on the way home I tweeted Richard Osman to say how much I had enjoyed it and he replied saying thank-you for coming!

I'm definitely going to sign up to see more recordings soon!


Have you ever been part of an audience for a TV show before?


10 comments:

  1. Ah, so jealous! I'd love to see a recording of Pointless but it's so expensive, travel-wise!

    Chelsea xx
    Love in Modern Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought this too but decided to go for it! Mostly because it was one of the things I wanted to tick off my 30 before 30 list and I didn't know if I would get the opportunity again! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never been to anything like that definitely to add to my bucket list though
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my 30 before 30 list too, so I took the opportunity whilst it was there! xx

      Delete
  3. That sounds fun! I love pointless, such a good show:)

    http://dispicableshe.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pointless is definitely my favourite quiz show! xx

      Delete
  4. You're so lucky - it must have been really funny. Richard is my fave xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! They had to retake a few bits because they got a bit tongue-tied! xx

      Delete
  5. Me and my Mum and my Gran Looveee Pointless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch it with my husband, we are always trying to guess the best answers, it ends up as a bit of a competition between us! xx

      Delete