Friday 8 November 2013

Yankee Candle Christmas Memories Candle Collection


With less than two months now to go until Christmas I've been starting to think about what to buy my friends and family. Whilst browsing my local shopping centre, this little Yankee Candle boxset caught my eye, naturally I had to purchase it to "test" out all the different Christmas fragrances before being able to settle on one (or maybe two or three) to purchase full size as gifts.

The box set named "Christmas Memories" is a set of 12 votive sized candles which have an approximate burn time of 15 hours. These votive candles if bought separately cost £1.80 each but this complete set retails at £19.99. I think its a great idea having all the Christmas scents in one box and I have enjoyed picking out which ones I'm going to burn first. So far I've only tried two, Snow in Love and Sugared Apple, personally I wasn't too impressed with Snow in Love but Sugared Apple was really nice. The candles are displayed in a box which opens out into a book which has a cute little red ribbon Velcro attachment on the side. On the inside cover there is a description of each candle and what scent it has. I think this is a really nice idea, especially if you are planning on giving it to someone as a gift.

The only downside to these votive sizes are that obviously they don't give off the scent as well as the larger jars but if like me you're unsure about what someone will like its perfect for giving them all a try.

I'm really looking forward to trying Merry Marshmallow and Snowflake Cookie, two of the new scents for this year as I've smelt them in the shop and think they're going to be really nice. I'm saving them until nearer Christmas and hope that they will be one of the Yankee Fragrances of the Month (so you can get 25% off). I'm also saving Christmas Eve for Christmas Eve as I think its a lovely scent to get you in the mood for Christmas!

Have you got any of the Yankee Candle Christmas collection? What is your favourite scent?


Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant set and what a good deal! Would love to pick that up since it's so perfect for X-mas :o).

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, I do love a good Christmas scent!
    :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I need this! I have been eyeing up the Merry Marshmallow and Snowflake Cookie on a few blogs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely set, it would make a great present!

    I really love the snowflake and marshmallow ones too, planning on buying a couple little jars of those. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a neat set! Do they burn into themselves? I've always wanted the little votives but am afraid they'll tip over and set fire, haha! Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to see if they have this in the States :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Lovely Christmas present idea.
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make the loveliest gift - esp if they're new to Yankee Candles. So many nice scents
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete