Saturday 23 November 2013

A few cheeky purchases...

With several London trips coming up over the next few weeks, I've tried to be pretty careful with my money. But who could resist the call of Boots 3 for 2 cosmetics offers or a little "look" around Primark? Who, I tell you, who?

So here is a little nosey at a few bits I've bought recently...


In Boots I picked up three nail polishes in the 3 for 2. I already have the Rimmel Space Dust polish in Luna Love (which you can read about here) and loved it so much that I had to pick up another one, luckily they had just restocked all the colours in my local Boots so I had the pick of them all so I chose Moon Landing a lovely purple shade. My friend Michelle however, couldn't decide which colour she wanted so bought all five! Secondly I bought two colours based on recommendations from Jaye. I picked up Barry M's Duchess, a lovely glittery gold and Maybelline's Rosy Rosettes, a beautiful red glitter that reminds me of Dorothy's shoes from the Wizard of Oz.


Next stop was Primark where I was looking for THAT red tartan scarf. I'm not really one for keeping up to date with the latest trends, so when I can buy an accessory that doesn't cost as much as buying a top/jumper/coat etc I try to snap it up. Thankfully they had loads of scarves left so once I had secured my little purchase I browsed for a few other bits. I picked up some Christmas earrings to wear at work on Christmas Eve. As I work in a hospital I can't really dress up but the earrings are a nice touch to get into the Christmas spirit and they only cost £1. Also, I couldn't resist the lure of Christmas gloves, they had so many pairs it was difficult to choose but with a number of festive blog meetups planned I thought I'd bring some festive cheer with these Christmas pudding gloves which were only £2. Finally, I bought a boring pair of thick black tights to possibly go with an outfit I have planned for one of the meet ups and a few bits for my blog Secret Santa but I can't tell you about those...!

Have you been shopping recently? Have you bought any festive items?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I loooove them! If you get a chance to go to your local Primark, definitely pick up a pair, they did so many designs! xx

      Delete
  2. The boots 3 for 2 has made me cave with my spending ban too ha! especially the nail polishes! The gloves are adorable too
    xxxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete