Saturday 16 November 2013

#BritishBloggerSelection | Favourite Clothes Shop

This week's #BritishBloggerSelection post is all about our favourite clothes shop. As I'm in no way shape or form a fashion blogger, I don't really tend to keep up with the latest trends (hence why there are no OOTD's on my blog!). I buy a few key pieces that usually go with items I already own and only really go clothes shopping when something needs to be replaced! I'm definitely more of a beauty buyer!

The age bracket that I am currently in (sob) means that I'm probably bordering on the edge of no longer being able to shop in places like Topshop or River Island. Whenever I walk in there I think, no, that will definitely not suit me and if I wore that I would definitely be cold! I've definitely ventured into buying whats practical rather than what looks good!

I used to work for Topshop and Miss Selfridge when I was at University and was able to keep up with the latest trends but since having to give back my discount card, buying jumpers at upwards of £35 just isn't an option when you have to keep a roof over your head and food on the table.

 Another shop within the Arcadia group though does still continue to please me and I am lucky enough to have a large store quite close to me. I am talking about Dorothy Perkins. In my opinion, they are stylish and affordable and offer a 10% discount for NHS workers like me. They have a great range of clothes, accessories and jewellery and every time I visit, I usually find something I like. I mean, just look at that bear jumper, isn't it just so adorable! I do wish that Dorothy Perkins had their own make-up range like Topshop though, I would love to see what the nail polish bottles looked like!

Are you taking part in #BristishBloggerSelection? If you are leave your link below.



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Loving that dress and those owl pj's, so cute x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how cute is that Polar Bear jumper?! It's adorableeeee and I really love polar bear anything xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THOSE SHOES. THAT DRESS. THAT JUMPER. I want it all. Also, I don't think you're too old to wear TopShop. I think you need to be over 20 to have a job that would be able to pay for the hefty price tags, haha! Love this set :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jumper is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! Aww, its making me fell all festive now! x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete