Monday 11 November 2013

Jacava London Nail Polishes Review


Jacava are a brand which seems to have exploded onto the blogging scene recently and are one that I have quickly fallen in love with.

Jacava London Nail Polishes are 8-free, which means they're free from harsh and nasty chemicals including; Formaldehyde, Camphor, Toluene, Parabens, Phthalates, DBP and cellophane. I never realised that all these nasties went into something I put on my nails everyday! Jacava also never test on animals and all their polishes are suitable for vegans! (big yay!)

I was lucky enough to be sent several of their collection including, 

Passion - a deep smouldering carnal red
Cappuccino Cream - a steaming hot cappuccino coloured polish
Damson Delight - a sumptuous damson plum purple, and
Marrakesh Nights - a beautiful amethyst purple laced with crushed gold and diamond coloured powders.

All of the swatches above are with just one coat but I think two coats creates an even application. My favourite it Damson Dream as I love the deep berry colour.

I was also sent their Top Coat With UV Inhibitor which is great at preventing chips, although currently I am in love with my Seche Vite and have been using that as a top coat.

The design of the bottle is beautiful and unique and I love having these on display on my dressing table, they're too pretty to put in my polish box (which is overflowing anyway!).

All of these shades are perfect for the autumn/winter season and I will be sporting them on my nails a lot over the coming months. At £14.50 each they're a little on the pricey side but it depends on what you're after in a polish. I personally like to wear one shade for days at a time (mostly because I'm too lazy to change it!) with minimal chips (if it chips I can't resist peeling it off!). If that sounds like you then this is definitely the polish for you!

All these shades, as well as the rest of the collection are available on the Jacava website or online retailers such as Amazon and FeelUnique. Amazon seems to come up a little cheaper at £11.50 instead of £14.50 so you can save a few pennies (and maybe put it towards your next one?)
 
Have you used this nail polish? What are your thoughts on the '8-free' polish?


Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

6 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand or tried their shades, but the Marrakesh Nights is a lovely deep purple that I'd love to join my polish family :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Damson Delight and really really like it xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look gorgeous. I love the packaging its pretty. The colours are really nice and bright. Passion is my favourite out of the four.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all of these shades look so beautiful for fall! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really pretty! I haven't tried their nail polishes yet but I really want to!

    ReplyDelete