Monday 18 November 2013

Rimmel Space Dust Nail Polish | Luna Love


The Space Dust collection is the newest edition to the Rimmel polish line and contains five glitter polishes which are perfect for the festive season.

Naturally as soon as I heard about them on the Rimmel Facebook page I wanted to own them all but my bank balance had other ideas so for my first one I settled for the shade Luna Love which is a gorgeous red colour.

The formula contains tiny glittery particles which reflect the light really well and will add some extra sparkle to any outfit. I've currently been wearing mine with my everyday look and have been surprised how a little bit of colour has completely transformed my outfit.

Once applied, the polish dries really quickly. I haven't applied a top coat to mine so my nails feel slightly grainy (similar to Barry M's concrete nail varnish if you've tried that?) but a top coat would definitely make them smoother and probably last longer.

As far as longevity goes, they have survived the washing up test (usually after one load of washing up some part of my varnish has chipped or peeled off but these have been ok) and I've had it on for several days now with no chipping.

My next choice is definitely going to be Moon Walking which is a gorgeous purple shade and at £3.99 each, they're really no excuse not to get the entire collection! Rimmel cosmetics are currently on 3 for 2 in both Boots or Superdrug so make sure you head down there quick!

Have you tried any of the Space Dust collection? What did you think?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

8 comments:

  1. I do like sugared, textured polishes like this and it's a very pretty fuchsia color. It reminds me of a Zoya pixie dust I gave to my mother - lovely! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this! Pink & glitzy what more could a girl want?
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely want more of these! I just picked up the purple Moon Walking shade too xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh your nails look gorgeous! I bought the Moon Walking shade and oh wow it's SO nice!!! You need it haha xxx
    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just bought the Moon Walking shade too, I'm yet to try it though, can't wait to get it on my nails! xxx

      Delete
  4. What a unique shade! I haven't tried any of these because I'm a bit funny about texture on my nails but it effect is beautiful!


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you popped a top coat over the top it might create a smooth finish, I'm not sure if it would dull the sparkle though, that's why I didn't apply one xx

      Delete