Tuesday 23 October 2012

Pretty Cupcakes!

I'm having a bit of a cupcake obsession at the moment, not that anyone is minding as my husband, his work colleagues and my work colleagues are getting to try everything I make! Unfortunately it isn't ending there though - I love all things cupcake, books, stationary, photos etc!

I've been experimenting with different receipes to try and find the perfect one and this time is definitely my best attempt so far.


I've been working on the icing which I've been finding really difficult to get right. That includes my piping technique, my mum bought me a Lakeland's silicone piping bag and so far its the best one i've used. It comes with different nozzles so you can make your desired effect. This time I went for the star nozzle and piped the buttercream in a swirl. I then popped some sugarpaste flowers and little butterflies on the top and sprinkled a little bit of edible pink glitter over them to give them a pretty fairy like finish!


What do you think?






2 comments:

  1. I'm your tenth follower! can I get a woop woop? here's to reaching 100 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop! I hope I can get to 100! Xx

    ReplyDelete