Saturday 13 October 2012

NOTD - Polka Dots

I've never really been into nail art that much as I never really had the time to sit down and do it and pay attention to the detail in it but my sister bought me a set of nail art pens for Christmas last year and I thought it was about time I had a play around with them. I stumbled across a blog called Islaay which I instantly fell in love with and decided to have some fun. This is my first attempt so I decided to keep it simple. I used Barry M Blueberry (306) for the base coat and then used the white varnish from the kit my sister got me to dab on some little white dots. Its got a handy nib at the end which is really good for dotting. I then used some No7 Nourishing Nail and Cuticle Care cream on each to make them nice and shiny. It's something that had been sitting in my make up box for ages from when I used to work at Boots but never really had to use but it feels really nice and isn't too oily.

This is how they turned out. What do you think?





I may be able to get more adventurous once I've seen some more tutorials on youtube, we'll see!



2 comments:

  1. these are so cute, I love them! If you're doing dots then I would recommend using a dotting tool- here is a DIY one here and you'll probably have everything in your house already! http://www.islaay.com/2012/09/diy-dotting-tool.html I love the Barry M colour you chose too!
    I love your blog too, it looks so well put together and I love the polkadots! I followed and I can't wait to read more of your posts!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Just had a look at your post, so simple to do! Just found out I have a dotting tool on something I use for crafting so I could use that as well. I struggled so much to find a background I liked, I'm so fussy! xx

    ReplyDelete