Friday 5 September 2014

My Weight Loss Journey | Week 1

image source

A little bit of background information for you all. I've always had a pretty bad relationship with food. My Mum said I woke up one day when I was two years old and everything I had eaten before then, I just wouldn't touch. I love sweet things and hated fruit and vegetables. To this day I still struggle to eat most fruits as I seem to have some kind of allergic reaction and can't breathe. I've never been particularly slim, I always had that "puppy fat" that family all said I would grow out of, but never did.

I am twenty-seven (almost twenty-eight) years old, eleven and a half stone, five foot three and a UK size 14. I am the national average, but I am unhappy. Some people may think I am wrong for being unhappy at this size. I love myself as a person, I don't hate what I see in the mirror everyday, and without wanting to sound big headed, I don't think I am unattractive, I just don't like what I see elsewhere.

Only recent events have made me kick start this weight loss journey, namely my sisters engagement and seeing photos of myself at a friends wedding. Also, my husband has lost four stone in weight over the last year by hard work at the gym and healthy eating and my Mum has lost two stone by following Slimming World.

I hate the gym, I'm scared of them, I'm worried I will be the fat girl in the corner not knowing what she is doing on the equipment. I'm scared people will laugh like they did in school when I tried desperately to get changed before all the cool kids came back. So for now, until I gain some body confidence I will be trying exercise at home.

My stomach is my biggest issue, it always has been, shopping for bottom halves has always been a chore as there is always something wrong with them, too small for my hip or stomachs or too long in the legs. I realise now, that I alone am the only person who can change this, no one else can do this for me and I am hoping that sharing my thoughts for the first time with the outside world, that I will continue to find the motivation to succeed.

The first thing that needs to change is the food, and that started this week. Monday was the first time that I did a food shop that didn't contain, chocolate, biscuits, crisps and chips etc and it actually felt good. As weird as it sounds, I actually felt proud knowing that I was making a better decision. Now I'm not saying it's wrong to buy those things but it's all about moderation and I know that if things like that are in the house, I WILL eat them, then feel immense remorse afterwards so if they're not there, I can't be tempted!

I will be trying to keep a food diary and update you of my progress each week. I haven't weighed or measured myself this week yet, but when I do, I will post the information up here, I'm also going to try and post some photos to document the changes.

If you would like to join me or wish me luck on my journey then please feel free to comment below. I know that half the battle, is getting support and motivation to succeed.

..and thank-you for reading this far!



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment