Saturday 21 December 2013

#bigblogmasproject Day 21 | Maybelline Rosy Rosettes


Tis' the season of glitter and what better colour to choose than a festive red?! This is one of my most recent polish purchases (whilst Boots were having their infamous 3 for 2 across all cosmetics) and has been used on several occasions recently.

I must admit, I don't actually own many Maybelline products, not through dislike, but just because I usually find products from other brands I love and I always tend to miss this stand.

I get most of my nail polish recommendations from Jaye (although I'm not sure she knows this - she does now!) and this one stood out to me on one of her nail posts.

I love the colour, it reminds me of Dorothy's shoes from the Wizard Of Oz. The glitter catches the light and I find myself just staring down at my nails! (Unfortunately my camera wasn't able to pick up the sparkle) I love how it doesn't feel rough on your nails when you touch it like some of the textured polishes and glitters feel and the brush size is decent enough to get a lovely even coverage in a few strokes.

The only niggle I have is that you do need to apply several coats to achieve the right amount of glitter. Rosy Rosettes is actually a full colour polish unlike some glitters which can be used as a top coat so if you are looking for just a glittery top coat this isn't the polish for you.

Rosy Rosettes is part of the Colour Show Brocade collection and costs £2.99. I'm not sure whether it is a Christmas limited edition or whether it is going to be part of the permanent collection though so if you like the look of it I would snap it up pronto. There are also several other glitter colours available including gold and silver.

Have you tried this polish or have any other glitter polishes you love? Share your recommendations in the comments below!



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. This shade is so perfect for the holiday season! I have a few of these maybelline polishes and I love the quality judging the price!

    andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one and knitted gold, they're both so pretty!

    Sarah // freshdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete