Thursday 19 December 2013

#bigblogmasproject Day 19 | My favourite Christmas TV Ads

I don't know about you but there are certain TV adverts that really get me into the Christmas spirit. When you first see them on the TV and you get that feeling that Christmas is getting closer, they're also a gentle reminder that I need to get my bum in gear and go Christmas shopping! These ads, past and present have definitely managed to get me into the Christmas spirit!

Holidays are coming - Coca Cola Christmas
Once I've seen this ad - I KNOW its Christmas, last year I hardly saw it at all but this year I've seen it at least half a dozen times (maybe I'm watching more TV this year!) For me, its the original and this ad has been going for as long as I can remember!



John Lewis Christmas Advert 2012
I know everyone is loving the 2013 John Lewis Christmas advert (and don't get me wrong it is amazing) but I still prefer last years ad. The storyline is just beautiful and Gabrielle Aplin's voice is angelic.



M&S Christmas Advert 2013
I love this advert, it has a little bit of all my favourite films, Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz and even Aladdin! Helena Bohnam Carter playing the green witch is also a lovely touch. I was definitely captivated into watching the whole advert and I really do love M&S - subliminal messaging at its finest!




Have you seen any of these adverts? What are your favourites?

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you about the John Lewis ad, the 2012 one has such a cute story line!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a really amusing Kmart advertisement out in the US this year which involves trouser-less men and jiggling of certain bells - that's all I say! It's worth a watch if you fancy a giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award, check it out here: http://classychicxo.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, last year's ad was better in my opinion, so cute!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete