Saturday 27 July 2013

The Charcoal Challenge

Recently, I was invited to take part in Money Supermarket's Charcoal Challenge. Armed with a generous donation of £50, the challenge was to show how I would throw the ultimate summer BBQ.

Unfortunately, living in a block of flats I don't have a garden but I am very lucky in that I live a few minutes away from Bournemouth beach! Hubby and I headed down to our local shops to stock up on supplies for our BBQ. We managed to get quite a haul for £50 using the summer bargains and offer currently in the shops.


Hubby got very excited that we managed to pick up some chicken, peppers and mushrooms so I could make my "amazing" (yes, that is a direct quote!) chicken kebabs. I use a special secret ingredient to make sure the chicken goes really crispy on the BBQ.


We then messaged our friends and told them to meet us at the beach. One of my friends has a beach hut right on the sea front so we made that our base and set up our BBQ's. We also came with an armful of beach games, including frisbee and rounders for later!


Some of our friends also picked up some burgers from the local butchers and I got to taste venison and kangaroo for the first time! (They are both amazing by the way!)


We stayed at the beach until the sun went down and then wandered back into town to check out the pretty lights and attractions. I was desperate to get on the merry go round!



My friends and I had a lovely time! Thank-you Money Supermarket for letting me take part in this challenge!

Have you had any BBQ's during the lovely weather we have been having? Do you live in a flat like me and have to have your BBQ's elsewhere?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome time... so lucky living near the sea.

    xXx

    Follow me too? Oh So Gawjess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab time I also took part in the challenge and enjoyed it :)
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful beach, looks like you had an amazing time! I just posted my entry for this too :) xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! You're so lucky living near the beach - I'd never leave if I did!

    Sophie xo | That's What Sophie Said

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lush evening :) We have a garden now but it's so tiny that we still have to rely on instant BBQs - weather permitting!

    ReplyDelete