Friday 7 February 2014

Getting Organised in 2014


I like to think, and hope that I can be described as an organised person. I know where I am supposed to be, I'm usually on time (if not, it's usually due to something that was out of my control) and I know where everything is (I've lost count of how many times hubby say's where's my...(insert keys/wallet/phone here) and I can say, over there on the/by the/inside...). Despite this, I've never owned an organiser of any kind so when the lovely people at Filofax* offered to send me an organiser to review I was pretty excited!

The organiser I chose was the Calipso Personal Organiser in deep pink (obviously!). It is a beautiful leather organiser with a crocodile print popper closure which currently retails at £65. The Calipso collection is inspired by Latin America and features vibrant colours including Bright Blue, Solar Yellow and a beautiful Teal colour (I was torn between this and the pink!)

The first thing I noticed when I opened up the parcel was the smell, the leather smells amazing and there is just something about it that when I carry it in my bag, makes me feel professional.

This organiser is the compact size which is the most handbag friendly of all the organisers and fits all of the standard sized inserts. My organiser contains a six part subject diver, to do list pages, lined and squared paper pages, contacts list and 2014 diary which fits a week on two pages. I'm planning on buying some pink lined paper inserts for mine too. I love that you can completely personalise your organiser by purchasing different inserts.

On the left hand side of the organiser there are four card slots, perfect for storing my blog business cards (you never know when you might need one of those), one full depth pocket and one vertical slip pocket. The vertical pocket is great for important items that you don't want to punch into the binder part of the the Filofax.

On the right hand side is a vertical zip pocket. I've hidden an emergency £5 note in there, just in case I ever get caught short of money but it is also big enough to store several coins and not affect the closure of the Filofax.

This is now a permanent addition to my handbag and I will be using it in all aspects of my life, looking back now, I'm not sure how I managed without one! 


How do you stay organised? Do you own a Filofax?


6 comments:

  1. I love stationary and to organise things and I can't be without a diary of some sort. Such a cute color :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my filofax, they are such a good investment, I just buy the new diary pages every year and others when I need them, mine never leaves my handbag either!

    Genna at Lipstick Crush

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do need one of this, with an impending move I really need to organise everything lol! This one looks so so lovely :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is lovely! A bit on the expensive side for me, but lovely none the less. Not to mention the colour!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love stationary and this is so so lovely x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I invested in a filofax last month and I'm really happy I did. I've used it pretty much every day since I got it, to jot all sorts of things down and I think it's a great investment in the long term. All these normal yearly diaries which you need to replace each year really don't measure up to a filofax!
    For anyone looking to get one, W H Smith actually have 25% off Filofax organisers at the moment!

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete