Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Diner | Soho


Last week when I went to London for Sophie etc's meet up we went to The Diner for lunch. I hadn't ever been to The Diner before but have wanted to go for a long time. I had already perused the menu (several times) so I knew exactly what I wanted! 

I knew that I wanted a peanut butter milkshake to drink, no where in Bournemouth does an amazing peanut butter shake, the closest I've come down here is a Reeses peanut butter cup shake in Shakeaway but that just doesn't compare!

I had already pre-decided that I was going to try one of their burgers and I pretty much always go for the same thing, the BBQ burger. I looooove BBQ sauce. I have sauce with everything, even my roast dinners (when i'm allowed!).

The food is served in little paper lined baskets which really adds to the diner experience.

The Diner is packed out with American memorabilia and decor, I just love their bar stools and counter. We have already decided that if we ever have our own house it will be kitted out like an American diner.

I'll definitely be visiting again next time I'm in London and I'll be making sure I leave room for their peanut butter ice cream for dessert!

Have you ever been to The Diner before?

14 comments:

  1. I'd really like to go to The Diner - the food looks so yummy! I also love the classic American theme! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I stumbled across this when we were in London a few years ago, it was delicious and we were really impressed. Since then its become a bit of thing amongst bloggers, we are visiting London again in December and we plan to go back! Those fries look so yum!

    Kirsty x www.rockit-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this looks amazing. Away to perv over their menu online and drool on my laptop.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to the Diner in Soho while on my visit to the US embassy so it was all very fitting. It certainly gives you a good impression of real US diners and I know love eating at the counters when we're eating in proper US diners.

    And isn't BBQ sauce just the best? I always have it with my homemade Cornish pasties! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in London and am constantly going to The Diner for yummy dinners! The milkshakes are definitely the best thing since sliced bread!!

    Happy blogging

    sophiaspocket.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks and sounds so good. I love bbq sauce too, literally drooling over these pictures! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went there once, had the macaroni cheese though which was excellent.
    I love the decor there, it's so american diner and would recommend it to anyone.

    Carro Blogs Here

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, I didnt know there was a place like this in London.. I love american diner style (?)
    Next time im there im definitely tracking it down! Your picures look so good...

    - hana
    http://hanayas.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those milkshakes sound lovely! We have no great milkshake places near me :(

    http://ramblingofabeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to the Diner for breakfast once and thought it was good but not great. I think their strengths must lie in their lunch/dinner food because your burger and chips look delicious! xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing :) I want to go !

    http://lologlitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to the Diner last time I was in London, I stumbled across it by accident really. I had a vanilla and nutella milkshake and it was amazing!!

    Ashleigh x
    bellenbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great post on the day, so lovely to meet you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh looks lovely here. I love London but don't go there half as much as what I'd like to. I'll have to remember this place next time me and my fiance are there :). Lovely blog hun, I found it via a #bbloggers chat and have followed :). Keep in touch, Gem x

    gemsi2011.blogspot.com
    @GemsGemz86

    ReplyDelete