Monday 16 September 2013

A/W Plum Picks


I absolutely LOVE this time of year, when the nights draw in, when you wrap up in chunky knits, scarves and boots and most of all I can don dark lips and nail polishes. So today I'm going to share with you my top picks for plum shades this season....

MAC lipstick in Rebel: £15 from MAC at Debenhams
I feel like I have been talking about buying this lipstick for aaaages and I STILL haven't got it. It is definitely going to be mine this autumn! Rest assured there will be a review once I've got my mitts on it!

Rimmel Apocalips in Galaxy: £7.99 from Boots
I reviewed this item when it was first released way back in February (you can see my review here) and it's still been floating around in my make-up bag. It's an affordable high street buy that has a great wand for application and gives you an instant pop of colour.

L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash in Milady: £7.99 from Boots
A recent(ish) addition to my plum collection, it looks quite fuchsia here but it applies a lovely dark plum shade. I love how this gloss isn't sticky like some I've tried (I'm looking at you Stila) and it lasts a good while before needing a new application. The packaging also feels very luxurious which is why L'Oreal is one of my favourite high street brands.

Topshop Beguiled Lipstick: £8 from Topshop 
Another recent addition to my make-up bag, I love the dark plum shade although I was initially disappointed with the application and length of wear, I'm going to persevere and try to use a lip brush to apply instead and maybe use a topcoat like Lipcote to try and make it last longer.

Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Venom: £15 from Urban Decay at Debenhams
I swatched this in Selfridges at the London Bloggy Meet and have been thinking about it ever since, why I didn't pick it up at the time I don't know (it could have possibly been that I had spent too much money already!) I've heard so many good reviews about these and I can't wait to try it!


What are your top lipstick shades for the A/W season? Do you have any of these shades?

6 comments:

  1. I think I've fallen slightly in love with the MAC lipstick, the best part about autumn/winter is being able to wear shades like this. Great post! xx

    http://www.anothergirlsparadise.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to get Rebel. I wish I had picked it up yesterday when I went shopping!

      Holly xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks, i really want that mac lipstick!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about trying plum lipsticks. This post was exactly what I needed :) I will try the rimmel one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so lovely. I have been thinking of getting some plum shades for winter but not quite sure if I can pull it off without looking too rock. x

    www.styleofcolours.com

    ReplyDelete