Monday 18 August 2014

Old Wives Tail | SOS Organic Anti Hair Loss Oil Treatment


Old Wives Tail is a small haircare company selling handmade organic hair care products. They recently contacted me to see if I would be interested in trying one of their hair oil treatments. My hair has been suffering a little recently due to more frequent hair colouring (to cover the greys!) and the fact that we have a new air conditioning system at work which seems to be making it quite dry.

The product I was sent to review was the SOS Organic Anti Hair Loss Oil Treatment*, whilst I currently don't suffer with hair loss (although the amount of hair I find on my hairbrush/floor/plug hole would tell you otherwise) I think it's important to have a healthy scalp and thick locks. I know there will be a time in the not too distant future where I will be cursing the fact that I don't have as much hair as I used to!

The oil is made from high quality, natural, chemical free, environmentally friendly ingredients and none of the products sold at Old Wives Tail are tested on animals (they even donate 10% of their profits to charities that help protect animals from being tested on - a big thumbs up from me).

I tried this at the weekend as the instructions said to leave the oil on for one hour before rinsing and shampooing although you can leave the treatment on overnight if you wrap your hair in a towel. I knew I was never going to be able to leave myself enough time before work to get the full benefit, so last Saturday morning I got myself a cup of coffee, a magazine and worked the oil through my hair from root to tip. I then spent the next hour relaxing and let the oil work its magic. After the hour was up, I jumped in the shower and completed my normal hair care routine. Once I had blow dried my hair, I couldn't believe how soft my hair felt and I couldn't stop touching it! After almost daily use of heat styling tools it was so refreshing for my hair to be soft and silky smooth again.

I've decided to use the rest of the treatment on a weekly basis, not only to give some life back to my locks but also to grab a little bit of me time - win, win!

You can buy the Old Wives Tail SOS Organic Anti Hair Loss Oil Treatment (£13.99/100ml) as well as other products from the range at the Old Wives Tail website. They offer free worldwide delivery!


Have you tried any hair oils before?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment