Sunday 6 April 2014

This Week I...#14


Today's post is a little bit late as I had to hot foot it to PC World this morning as my anti-virus software had run out on my computer. Obviously I ignored the warnings saying it was expiring soon and thought I would deal with it on a later day...but hey ho, it's done now for another year!

It's been a busy week for me this week with another week of late shifts at work leaving me with early mornings to do various bits and pieces (read: be lazy at home). On Monday, I took advantage of a special Mother's Day offer at my local beauty salon (even though I'm not a Mum yet) and had a full body massage - it was just what I needed to relax me (little did I know that it was going to be a bit of a busy week ahead at work. I probably could have done with it on Friday instead!).

In other work news, I received my Institute of Biomedical Science Certificate of Achievement Part I certificate (what a mouthful!). I finished my portfolio in December and sent it off for approval and after my manager contacted them to find out what was taking so long, it was discovered that my certificate was lost in the post and I had actually passed in January but they sent me a replacement and I can now proceed to Part II so I can become a proper registered Science Technician!

This week I also crossed off another item on my 30 before 30 list when I went for my first ever brow wax. I've always been a little dubious that my brows would look awful but after chatting to the lady that did my massage on Monday I was talked into coming back and I'm really glad I did. I love the shape of my brows now and finally realised how awful they looked before!

This weekend has also been eventful as I attended the Bournemouth Bloggers #bloggersclothesswap. It was great to see old friends (and new faces) again as I haven't been able to attend an event since the Southampton Meet Up way back in August last year! I've got a post coming up on the event so I won't spoil it by talking about it now, but I had a fun afternoon clothes swapping and catching up.

As I've been so busy and not had internet for a few days I haven't really followed any blogs or liked any posts but I've got a list of local bloggers I need to check out/follow so look out for them on my This Week I...post next week.


What have you been up to this week?


3 comments:

  1. I want to have my brows waxed, it seems like a one off thing and your brows will stay perfect for so much longer! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I've never had my brows done but since getting a fringe, I've not had to bother with them as much thankfully!xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your Institute of Biomedical Science Certificate of Achievement Part I certificate (yes, I did copy and paste that :p), and good luck with Part 2.

    Rubi x
    The Den

    ReplyDelete