Monday 24 March 2014

Spring Makeup


With Spring comes a little change in my make up products. I love to switch to softer, more feminine pastel shades instead of my usual, darker, berry tones. Here's a peek into what's been in my make up bag this month...

I'm still loving HealGel Face as my daily moisturiser, its really light and dissolves quickly into the skin so I don't have to wait around for ages before I can apply the rest of my make up.

I have a new primer addition to my make up bag in the form of L'Oreal's Skin Perfection Magic Touch Instant Blur (bit of a mouthful!). I won't go into too much detail about this as there is a post coming up soon but I picked this up because I wasn't about to get hold of any MUA Matte Perfect Primer in my local Superdrug.

Foundation wise I'm giving Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation in Ivory a go. I recently picked this up in a 3 for 2 at Boots because the L'Oreal foundation I bought to replace my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation I didn't like. I'm beginning to think that the amount of money I have spent trying to find a new foundation I might as well have just repurchased the Hello Flawless!

I've picked up a new powder for the spring time in the form of Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in Pink Blossom. It's got a very subtle pinky hue which I think gives me a little bit more of a spring glow.

Now that I have the Naked 3 palette I fully intend to get a lot of use out of it. The pink and gold shades are perfect for the spring season.

A forgotten favourite, buried at the bottom of one of my make up drawers is my Topshop Blush in the shade Morning Dew. It's a cream formula which turns to a powder when applied to the face. The shade looks quite bright in the pan but once applied it creates a lovely pink glow.

My nail polish of choice this month is Essie's Mint Candy Apple polish which I picked up in my Boots 3 for 2 haul last week. This shade is perfect for spring!

The only thing I seem to be missing in my spring make up bag is a mascara. I love my Benefit Bad Gal Mascara but feel that this is a little bit too heavy for my spring make up bag. 


What mascara do you wear in the springtime? Can you suggest anything a bit more natural looking? 


5 comments:

  1. Great Spring picks! I'm really looking forward to reading your review on the Loreal Skin Perfection. I've been after a drug store pore minimizing primer and the Maybelline Baby skin didn't appeal to me so I'm interested to see what you think to this.
    Lou xxx
    www.loulovesbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great mascara for spring would be the Maybelline Mega Plush one, it's lengthening and volumising but still quite subtle! I can't wait to see a review of the Loreal Skin Perfection!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. really want to try the healgel! Love that rimmel foundation, defiantly one of my faves!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how I have managed to resist purchasing the Naked 3 palette for so long! I think the shades are perefct for the warmer months
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so amazing products :) I really wanna try naked palette one day :)

    vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete