Saturday 23 March 2013

Primark, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Superdrug Haul!

I love doing these kinds of posts (not because I want to show off) because it makes me appreciate that I have worked hard and that I can treat myself once in a while. I also love reading them, so if you've done one lately, please leave me a link below. I also need to point out that all these items were not purchased on the same shopping trip - my husband probably would have gone insane if I had spent the whole day shopping!

Primark


I always manage to pick up new socks whenever I go to Primark. For some reason my socks seem to disappear or get holes in really easily so I always top up whenever I'm there. The cute owl ones have been added to my owl collection! I love socks to be pretty and girly with lots of pastel colours, I hate boring old black socks!

I managed to pick up a bottle of the Hask Argan Oil that I have seen some beauty bloggers rave about. For £2.50 I was expecting the bottle to be a little bigger but apparently a little goes a long way. I'll be doing a post on it once I have used it for a while.

I picked up another set of the black and white polka dot nail wraps as I really loved them last time. There have tonnes of nail wrap designs in my local Primark (its quite a big one) so I'll probably end up sampling them all eventually! The two facemasks I picked up on my way down to the checkout (blast their add on sales! lol) They were 90p each (cheaper than Boots) and I hadn't tried these "flavours" before so I was sold!

Finally this amazing cushion which was a bargain at £4! Primark have really expanded their range of homeware recently and have lots of lovely cushions for bargain prices. I'm still loving the moustache theme and its now sitting on my bed!


Superdrug

I think I tried at least 4 Superdrug stores before eventually finding this B Pure Micellar Water. Apparently it is supposed to rival Bioderma and cost a fraction of the price. I haven't been able to find Bioderma yet to try. I have looked on ebay and decided it wasn't worth me getting until they release it in Boots (although I don't know when that is) These bottles cost £4.99 each and I picked up the last two. You can also buy them online and when I last checked they were on 3 for 2 (but you have to pay for delivery - unless you're spending over £25.


Topshop

I have finally purchased my first Topshop nail varnish!! After posting lots of questions about them on the #bbloggers chats and getting mixed responses I just took the plunge. I decided on the colour "Blitz" which is a lovely metallic red shade. At first I thought that £6 for a nail varnish was a bit much (as Model's Own are £5 each) but after trying it, I'm in love. The colour is really lovely and I have only used one coat (post to come).

I also got this "GEEK" T shirt which I have been after for a while. I saw it weeks ago and didn't get it and then spent the next few weeks after wishing I had. I couldn't find it on the website so presumed it had sold out but when I went back they had one left and I was determined to have it regardless of the size! Luckily it was a M/L which is slightly too big for me but its soooo comfy and suits me down to a T!

Dorothy Perkins

I am going out for my work colleagues leaving do tonight and I wanted something a bit brighter than my usual dark jeans or black leggings to wear. Dorothy Perkins have a wonderful selection of coloured jeggings and while I was feeling brave I opted for the Raspberry shade (ok not that brave). I can't wait to wear them later as they will match my new Topshop nail varnish.


I also picked up two necklaces. One was in the half price sale. I will probably wear the top one with my outfit tonight. They're both really pretty and I know I will get a lot of use out of them.

Have you been shopping lately? What do you think to my latest haul?


10 comments:

  1. Fab haul! Love the jeans and cushion :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately the cushion doesn't really fit in, in any room in my house! So it's home is now the bed! x

      Delete
  2. How cute are those socks?! I love the cushion too, and I really want to try the micellar water. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the owl ones on today! Tried the water for the first time this morning and it made my skin really soft! :) x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post :)
    I've always wanted to try a topshop nail polish but for some reason when I was Cardiff I didn't pop in to get one, as its my nearest topshop I feel rather silly. The lovely red shade will be added to my list. I love the mustache cushion, it is so comfy, mine lives on my sofa with my other mismatched cushions. I love the owl socks, must get them. mine get holes very easily to :/

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab haul really loving the owl socks :)
    http://joannavictoria-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The TopShop nail varnish looks a gorgeous shade! TopShop are one of my favourites for nail polishes. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some fab stuff Holly.

    I want to try some coloured jeans this summer. I like the look of green ones but just not sure I'm brave enough to wear them. Eek.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I love moroccan argan oil too!
    I followed you and found you through the #bbloggers blog hop! I would love if you could look at mine too:) thelifeofafashionnerd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those jeggings! I am never brave enough to step away from the typical black or blue jeans or leggings, so go you!

    Those owl socks are super cute too - I am a bit of a sock collector, but I agree, socks just get holey way too quickly! x

    ReplyDelete