Monday 31 December 2012

My Baking Books...

My most favourite things to bake are cupcakes and over the last few months I have been aquiring a lot of baking books filled with lots of different cupcake recipes.

I could sit and look at recipe books for hours just gazing at the colourful photos and wishing I could make something that looks half as good as in the picture!

I thought'd I'd share my four favourite books with you and show you a few pages so you can see where I get my inspiration.


The first book is the Primrose Bakery book which is by Martha Swift & Lisa Thomas. I love the pink spine and pink ribbon page marker inside. There are lovely full page colour photographs of each of the products which I love because it makes it easier to see how mine should have turned out!

The second book is Boutique Baking by Peggy Porschen, again this book is lovely and colourful and has amazing photos in. I particularly love the jars she uses in the photos to display her creations. The receipes are really well laid out and in a pretty font. I'd love to visit Peggy Porschen's bakery in Belgravia, London (maybe i'll pester hubby to take me when we next go!)

The third book is The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. This is my most used cookbook so far. The vanilla cupcake recipe is my favourite as it is so easy to follow and means I get perfect cupcakes everytime!

The last of my favourite books is cupcake heaven by Susannah Blake. This book is the most basic cupcake book I have but there are lots of recipes for different flavours of cupcakes. The thing I like most about it is that it purely is just cupcakes.



 I buy most of my books from a book club at my work but you can purchase these through The Book People or Amazon for reasonable prices.

This is my latest attempt at cupcakes...what do you think?


Do you like to bake?  What have you made recently?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo your cupcakes are fab! I love baking and make cakes, biscuits and desserts most weeks. I recently created a new blog which you might find interesting: http://loueasypeasyrecipes.blogspot.co.uk
    So far I've only written an introduction and my first recipe will be up on Thursday :D

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete