Sunday 26 May 2013

Aruba Bar & Restaurant Bournemouth

Now that the sun has decided to show its face a little, I thought it would be the best time to tell you about my favourite bar/restaurant to visit when it's lovely outside.

Aruba is situated on pier approach in Bournemouth, it has an amazing holiday feel to it with tropical trees, beautiful lanterns hanging from the ceiling and great holiday style music.


"Serving a vibrant, fusion international menu from 9am to 11pm daily.  Aruba’s interior is a stylish beach haven; highlights include a sun terrace, day beds, swing seats, snug, tropical palm trees, cocktail bar, and al fresco and indoor open and private dining areas. The venue boasts glorious 180 degree ocean views taking in the pier and the sandy beach. Located at the base of the pier, you won’t find much more of a central Bournemouth location than this" - Tastecard


 There is a balcony with a swing chair which looks over the pier and out to the sea and you can see over to Swanage. It's so pretty when the sun starts to go down and you can see all the lights start to appear.

Another reason why I love to visit Aruba so much is the food and drink. I recently visited after work with one of my work colleagues for dinner.

You may spy the Tastecard in the photos below. Aruba participate in the Tastecard scheme and if you visit during the week (not Friday) you can get 50% off food!

For my drink I chose the Chocolate Brownie Cooler which has chocolate brownie chunks, chocolate sauce and cream! Doesn't it look amazing!


For my main I had the Aruba Burger which is a char-grilled beef burger on a multi seed bun served with bacon, cheese, salad, relish and fries. So good!

Have you visited Bournemouth before or been to Aruba?

*first image from Aruba
*second image from Tastecard  

2 comments:

  1. That place looks amazing
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Aruba when it isnt't late, pitch black and packed...it looks lovely in your pics. I may just have to give it a sober visit! Is it family friendly in the daytime?

    ReplyDelete