Sunday 17 May 2015

The Disney Series / 005 / Our Dining Reservations

photos from Walt Disney World

When we booked our holiday we were lucky enough to book at a time when the Quick Service Dining Plan was included, so we have most of our meals paid for already. However, some meals aren't included in this package including character dining. We already had an idea of some extra meals that we wanted to include in our trip, mostly for the character meet and greets that you get to experience. We sat down together and made a list of the restaurants that we both wanted to try and narrowed it down to five extra experiences that we were going to pay extra for during our trip.

Cinderella's Royal Table
This was the reservation that I was most excited to get as I have heard from several sources that it is one of the hardest ones to get hold of. As soon as I was able to, I was online and trying to make this reservation. You can choose from either breakfast or dinner and we opted for breakfast as we could go straight into Magic Kingdom afterwards. The breakfast itself is held inside the castle and is beautifully decorated. The major plus of this reservation is that a whole host of princesses visit your table, including, Snow White, Cinderella and Rapunzel. The only downside to this reservation is that you have to pay for it, in full, in advance. I was aware that you had to pay the full amount instead of a a $10 holding charge but I wasn't prepared for the funds to be taken straight away (and a currency conversion fee from $ to £ to be added also!) Just something to bear in mind if you want to book here. Needless to say I am VERY excited about this one and rumour has it that you also get a little wishing star and wand when you visit (I swear I am five years old!).

Be Our Guest
We are heading to Be Our Guest for lunch (I'm cheating slightly here as this one is included in our dining plan, but I had to mention it) on our first day in the Magic Kingdom. I've already picked out what I'm going to eat, the Croque Monsieur (or if you're a See Ya Reel Soon fan - then I'm having the Crock Monster). There are different sections of the castle that you can sit in, and I'm hoping to sit in the ball room. I'm also hoping to find some grey stuff to try, I've heard it's delicious!

Chef Mickey's
Chef Mickey's is situated in Disney's Contemporary resort, which is closest to the Magic Kingdom. The monorail actually passed right through the resort, which is something I am looking forward to seeing in itself! At Chef Mickey's breakfast you get to meet Mickey and friends. Bradley loves Pluto so is most looking forward to meeting him and I want to meet Donald in his little chefs uniform, so cute! I also want to try some Mickey waffles, because what else would you eat at Chef Mickey's?

The Garden Grill
This is the one restaurant that we have planned to visit for dinner purely based on the video that See Ya Reel Soon did on it. It's based in Epcot and revolves around whilst you eat (extremely slowly) so you can get different views whilst you eat. I'm most looking forward to meeting Chip and Dale and Mickey in his little farmers outfit. I love that you can meet characters in uniforms that you wouldn't normally get to see.

'Ohana
Bradley loves Stitch so I was so happy when we managed to secure 'Ohana for breakfast. It's the last character breakfast before we leave for home and includes meeting Lilo and Stitch in the Polynesian Resort. It's full of Hawaiian theming and I really hope we get to wear a lei. 

We have also got a few other reservations booked, we are planning to eat at Via Napoli as I've heard their pizzas are amazing and I can't wait to eat at Pizza Planet. I hope that it's just like being in Toy Story!


Have you eaten at Disney before?
Is there anywhere you would recommend?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment