Saturday 25 August 2012

Curiouser and Curiouser...

My sister has been doing an internship in a shop as part of her Fashion with Photography degree at Southampton Solent University. She has been working at a lovely little vintage shop near where I live called What Alice Found. As her internship is soon coming to an end, she messaged me asking if I could come up with something to give the owner as a thank-you for letting her work there. She wanted something with charms and blue ribbon but as she only told me about it today and she needs it for next week things were a little tight. I'd usually buy items from eBay but as its the bank holiday I didn't think the things I wanted would arrive in time for when she needed to give the gift and to give me enough time to make it, so I got my thinking cap on and came up with a pretty little frame.

I got the white frame from The Range for £5.99 and I used Word to create the blue background and the quote from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. I then found a picture of Alice and printed it onto some white hammer card I had in my craft stash. I used my large Dovecraft tag punch to create the tag shape and punched a hole in the top with my holepunch to thread some Alice in Wonderland coloured ribbon through. I also raided my jewellery collection and luckily had a necklace which had an Alice in Wonderland style key on it and attatched it to the ribbon using a jump ring.

This is the final product I created when all the bits and pieces came together - I just hope that my sister likes it and thinks its good enough to give to the shop owner. 


I'm quite proud of it seen as though it's put together pretty much out of recycled items!

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I love crafting, wish I could sell some of my items, I'd love to have my own little shop one day! X

    ReplyDelete