Friday 30 May 2014

Essie: Watermelon


Taking the photographs for this blog post has definitely got me in a summery mood! Spring can now move over and make way for summery brights, ice creams and sunshine!

I picked up Essie's Watermelon on one of my blogging trips to London last year and have only worn it several times so far. It's quite a bright shade, that I only tend to bring out when the sun in shining or if I'm feeling ill and need a little pick me up.

Colour-wise, in the bottle it looks like a standard deep pink polish but as you can see from the photographs I have taken it actually applies slightly orangey/red (obviously try to think of the inside of a watermelon!). 

Application is the same for all Essie polishes I have tried, it's fairly thick and you can definitely achieve the perfect mani with just two coats. I always give mine a spray with the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray  after to make sure it doesn't smudge or chip.

I would definitely recommend this polish if you like pinky/reds but if you're after the colour that you see in the bottle then you might be slightly disappointed.


Do you have Watermelon in your Essie collection? 
What do you think to the colour?


6 comments:

  1. Such a nice colour x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colour!

    http://thebeautybow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of colours and of course "essie"!
    Great pictures you have in your post dear!!
    kisses xxx

    P.S. : you can add a link of your post if you want at my "Thursday party" (link party) at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely colour! I'll have to look out for it when I next go to Superdrug/Boots - Essie always catches me out!!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this shade and was considering buying it but I think it's actually quite similar to Revlon Parfumerie's Ginger Melon, which I already have x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete