Wednesday 28 May 2014

May Favourites


Can you believe that next month we will be half way through the year? It only feels like five minutes ago I was organising my work Secret Santa and madly dancing round the room to Christmas songs. I'm even still using my Philosophy Granny's Apple Pie Shower Gel and Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel which always make me feel Christmassy - anyway...onto this month's favourite products!

I finally managed to track down Essie's Truth or Flare polish after Lily Pebbles mentioned it on her blog at the beginning of April and of course Boots were having their famous 3 for 2 offer at the time so I couldn't resist picking up some extra goodies too which is how L'Oreal's Butterfly Lash Mascara and No7 Eyelash Curlers have made it into my favourites this month too. Somehow, when we moved last year I managed to lose my eyelash curlers, how, I have no idea. We definitely removed everything from our previous flat but somehow they never made it to the next one! I didn't actually miss having a pair until I purchased Benefit's They're Real Mascara as I thought my eyes would look even better with curled lashes which is when I realised I'd lost them. I've been switching between both mascaras this month but I think L'Oreal's offering just pips Benefit's as I don't end up getting it all over my face each time I use it!

I've taken a break from palettes this month and have been getting a lot of wear from MAC's Naked Lunch eyeshadow. I won this in a blog competition at the end of last year but because I've been using my Naked palettes so much it ended up being a little bit forgotten. It's the perfect neutral shade to wear to work and dress up. If you want to see a more in depth review of my thoughts on it, I actually did a full blog post on it, which you can read here.

Finally, I've been testing out Clinique's 3 step cleansing system. I bought this back in February on my trip to Meadowhall Shopping Centre and have really loved the results so far. I've been using it quite sparingly so it's lasted me longer than the months supply it says on the box so I think I will purchase another trial pack once this one is finished so I can save a few pennies!


What have been your favourite products this month?
Have you tried any of the products I've featured?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. I've been wondering whether to try eye lash curlers again! Haven't used them in years. Naked Lunch is my all time favourite mac eye shadow.. currently coming towards the end of my 4th atm xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was debating on weather the Clinique Dramatically Different was worth the money, I think i'll pick it up now. Although the fact it's yellow really puts me off haha! I think it'll make me look a tad ill if I don't go sparingly! xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Butterfly mascara from LOreal, the brush is so interesting!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh N07 curlers may be worth a try I'm after some new ones but I'm not wanting ti fork out a fortune. I also quite enjoy the Clinique three step, it's great to see a fellow Sheffield blogger by the way :D x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete