Saturday 24 October 2015

Walt Disney World | Trip Review | Day 1 | The Magic Kingdom


Even before we had booked our trip to Walt Disney World, I knew that the first day would be to The Magic Kingdom. I had watched countless Welcome Show videos online and knew that it was something special that had to be done at the beginning of the trip. We arrived on the bus from the hotel about 8.20am in good time for the welcome show at 8.40. We went through bag check and up to the entrance. It was here that we used our Magic Bands in the parks for the first time! I can't believe how excited I was registering a fingerprint but I knew as soon as it lit up green, I was in and finally at Walt Disney World!

The Welcome Show was lovely, we were lucky to see the Mayor of Main Street on the first day (as we didn't see him at the Welcome Show for the rest of the trip!) All the characters arrive on Casey Jr and Mickey comes to countdown the opening of the park. Once it finished and we were through the gates my first stop was for a pair of Minnie ears! 

We didn't actually have a plan for what to do as soon as we got into the park so we decided to stop for some Photopass pictures with Pluto and Minnie and wander up Main Street to get some photographs in front of Cinderella's Castle. You just can't describe the feeling you get walking down Main Street for the first time and seeing the castle, it's just incredible!

Our first ever ride at the Magic Kingdom was Prince Charming's Carousel. The sun was shining, and I remember just sitting on Briar Rose's horse thinking how lucky I was to finally be here. Our first fast pass was for Splash Mountain so we headed over to Frontierland next. Splash has actually become one of my favourite rides! After Splash we did Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which I was a bit nervous of to start with but actually came to enjoy!

On our way through to Storybook Circus we came across Gaston's meet and greet. Bradley was especially excited for this one as he was wearing his Gaston's Gym t-shirt. They had some brilliant photos taken trying to out flex each other! I also met Ariel in her grotto, something that was on my bucket list to do, The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite Disney movies! 

At Storybook Circus we met Daisy, Minnie, Donald & Goofy. They all looked amazing in their circus costumes. It was at this point though that the day took a little turn. I managed to break my flip flop at the end of the meet & greet with Donald and we were due to have lunch at Be Our Guest restaurant in 5 minutes. We dashed to the shop to find me some new flip flops but they didn't have my size. Not wanting to miss our reservation we headed to Be Our Guest to check in for lunch. I carried my flip flop to the desk and the lady behind the counter told me I couldn't come in unless I wore shoes (which I understand, because of health & safety). It was her delivery which I was completely taken aback by. She was rude and basically barked at me. I put on my shoe as best I could, which I had to slide along the floor because the between toe bit had broken, other families were staring at me which made me feel self conscious and I started to cry. Our food arrived during my teary moment and I couldn't eat. Bradley knew how much I had been looking forward to this lunch and went off to find someone to speak to about the situation. Seconds later, a manager appeared and Bradley explained the situation to her, she was a little more sympathetic and asked me if finding me new shoes would help. I accepted her offer and she told me not to worry and that she would be back soon. In the meantime I tried to eat, the food was nice, we both had the Croque Monsieur and a cupcake with the grey stuff on for dessert. A cast member came up to us during the meal and bought over a card for me from Belle & the Beast with their autographs, and inside was a token for a free fast pass. The manager came back a while later and said "here are your shoes Cinderella" which put a smile on my face. I thanked her for everything she had done and I left the experience feeling much happier than when I went in. It definitely proved to me that some cast members will go out of their way to make your day a little bit special.

Our next fast pass was The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which was really good. The ride was only about a minute long but I really enjoyed it. As we purchased Memory Maker, we got a video of our ride included which I keep watching! We also rode Splash Mountain again with the fast pass we got from Be Our Guest as we really enjoyed that one.

The park was closing at 7pm that evening for regular guests as there was a halloween party on that evening but we were happy to head out at that time. It was a really long day with lots of walking, rides and meeting characters! We headed back to the hotel to rest and get ready for our second day at Epcot...



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment