Sunday 6 January 2013

My recent beauty buys...


I've been lucky enough to get some money from my relatives this Christmas so I took to the shops on Boxing Day only to find that pretty much everything I wanted in the sales wasn't there :( so I decided to treat myself with some beauty buys that I'd heard good things about and I finally picked up The Porefessional which has been on my beauty wishlist.

Here is a little run through of the items I bought:

Benefit - The Porefessional - minimises the appearance of pores & fine lines for smooth skin. I'm going to try wearing it underneath my make up to help it stay put.

Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser - I've heard a lot about hot cloth cleansers so I've finally bought one myself to try. This Soap & Glory one was on offer at boots for £8. I'll be trying it this weekend

Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Face Mask - A face mask which turns blue when you use it! How awesome! It also heats up when you put it on for a deep cleanse and comes with a pretty pink sponge.

No7 Tinted Moisturiser in Fair - This is one of my regular beauty buys. I like to use this as a primer before I put on my foundation. I find that it's a really good base and helps my make up stay on longer even though its not what it's designed for I find that it works really well.

V05 Mirace Concentrate - Elixir with Argan Oil - I was going to buy the Lee Stafford equivalent of this but after hearing that this little beauty does exactly the same thing and is half the price I decided to give it a go. Hopefully it will make my hair really soft and silky.

Model's Own Nail Varnish - These were on offer in Boots 2 for £8 so I decided to get colours that would remind me of spring time as I have been wearing dark colours like purples and blacks over the Christmas period. I bought Sophie's Pink and Pastel Pink. The Pastel Pink shade has been on my beauty wishlist.

I'll be doing some posts on these over the next few days/weeks to review the products so keep an eye out!

Have you bought any new beauty products recently? Have you tried any of these? What did you think?

10 comments:

  1. Ooo how exciting! I love haul posts :) I'd love to read reviews about the primer & S&G bits you bought - I'm desperate to sort out my pores!!! Bit random I know lol.

    http://thelittlethingsbb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll love The POREfessional - it's the best primer I've ever come across :)

    Would love to read some reviews on your other products though as I haven't tried any of them.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous...love all if these things! I use Benefit POTEfessional, it's so good! Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being meaning to try Benefit products for a while now as everyone has given them such good reviews, love the name of your blog! xo

    loisrosehill.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the soap and glory cleanser and am loving it so far! Really want to try the porfessional too, definitely the next on my list! Now following:)
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Porefessional! i got the tester from company and I'm yet to save for the big one! you got some lovely bits - enjoy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo you got some lovely things. I love the Soap and Glory Masks... so good! :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Porefessional is really good! And I love all Model's Own Polishes.

    www.addiction-a-la-mode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've gotta love a beauty haul! Looks like you got some amazing products, have fun pampering yourself! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you'll love the S&G cleanser, I do! It removes so much makeup within 1 wipe! The nail polishes are lovely :)

    I love your blog, new follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete